IT IS THE INSTALLERS' RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE THE DEFLECTORS ARE INSTALLED PROPERLY. SANCHOS WINGS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPROPER INSTALLATION. PERIODIC MAINTENANCE IS REQUIRED.
Installation tip: The adhesive will not bond correctly if applied at temperatures less than 50 degrees F. Do not attempt installation in temp less than 50 F. After installation a small gap may be noticed on the lower portion of the Wing against the inner fairing. This is normal and has no effect on the function of the Wing.
1. Remove the bottom inner fairing screw. Do not remove red backing on the Wing yet.
2. Hold the deflector against the inner fairing, (making sure the hole in the deflector is over the bottom fairing screw hole and the top of the deflector is against, but not interfering with the opening and closing of the glove box lid), to determine the correct position for mounting.
3. Clean the inner fairing surface with alcohol and let surface completely dry.
4. Remove the red backing on the tape.
5. Insert the supplied screw through the metal washer then through the rubber washer then the deflector and start the screw into the inner fairing (do not tighten yet). Position the deflector against the glove box lid leaving about a hair width space between the deflector and glove box lid. Tighten the supplied fairing screw and washers. Do not over tighten, do not use an electric screwdriver, do not distort the deflector.
6. Apply pressure over the mounting tape. The more pressure the better the bond strength. Very little tape actually contacts the inner fairing.
Removing Your Wings
Your Wings may be removed by removing the screw. After removing the screw stand beside your Road Glide, facing forward, and pulling the Wing towards you. The tape will stick to the deflector and must be replaced when re-installed using 3M Super Strength Molding Tape, part # 03614, available at any automotive store.
Maintenance: This product must be checked for good adhesion as part of the normal pre-ride check list. Clean with water and mild non-abrasive soap, Plexus or Novus #1Plastic Clean & Shine. This product is not intended or designed to replace the lower fairing.
This product is warranted free of defects. If you are not happy with this product for any reason return it within 7 days for a full refund excepting the following conditions:
This product must be properly installed, maintained under normal conditions. The seller will not be held liable for any consequential and incidental damages, including labor and paint, resulting from failure of this product. The adhesion of this product must be checked before each use as part of the normal pre-ride checklist. This product is not warranted against excessive speeds, careless or reckless operation of the motorcycle. Warranty is void if the deflector is modified in any way or installed other than following these instructions.